The OfficeNow document or word processor is one of the 3 types of documents offered in talkspirit's complete collaborative office suite allowing your users to work efficiently together.
Creating a document
To create a document, click the Document icon from the General News Feed, Group News Feed, or File Space.
A window opens with your document.
Editing and formatting a document
- Click on Untitled Document on the right in the top banner to give it a title.
- Enter your text and format it with the options in the Home menu.
- To undo or redo an action, click Undo or Repeat on the left side of the Home menu.
All changes made to the document are saved continuously. You can leave the document without fear at any time.
Working collaboratively, version management
The presence of several people online on the document is visible by an icon in the upper right-hand banner of the document.
Click on the Collaborate menu and then Change Tracking to identify changes made by users to the document and validate or reject them.
Double-click on a word or select a content then select Add Comments by right-clicking to add a comment, or do it via the action with the same name in the Collaborate menu.
When you change a document, the changes you make to it generate new versions. These versions can be kept to distinguish the evolutions made between 2 versions and to return to a previous version if necessary.
The display of the versions is available in the File menu (coming soon).
Compatibility with Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word files shared within a group can be opened and edited in Talkspirit's OfficeNow suite.
- Click on the document (.doc or .docx extension) to open it in OfficeNow
OfficeNow documents can be downloaded in Micorsoft Word format into OfficeNow from the File menu and then Download as they are or from the Download File action in Talkspirit.
Compatibility with text file formats
Compatibility with the extensions of major document formats is as follows.
- OfficeNow collaborative documents to learn more about permissions and rights, actions available on the document in file space, hosting and storage