There are 2 types of users: members and guests.
What is a guest?
A guest can only access the groups he’s been invited to.
He has no visibility on the other groups of the platform whether they are open or private.
There are two types of guests:
A single-group guest is a guest invited to join a single group. The license of a single-group guest is free and there's no limit to the number of single-group guest accounts created.
A multi-group guest is a user invited to join two groups or more. The license of a multi-group guest isn't free and its price is similar to a member account’s license.
Who can invite guests to join the platform?
All members can invite guests if an administrator hasn’t deactivated this option.
Who can invite guests to join a group?
For open groups: all administrators and group administrators can invite a guest. All members can invite guests if it has been authorized.
For private visible and secret groups: only group administrators or administrators with access to the group will be able to invite guests. All members can invite guests if it has been authorized.
Standard and Premium offer
It is possible to invite guests in the Standard and Premium plans. The license of a single group guest is free but it isn’t for a multi-group guest.
How to recognize a guest on the platform?
When a user is a guest, the mention “guest” appears right next to the user’s lastname and forename.
It will appear each time this user will be invited to join a group, or a tchat, or be assigned to a contribution.
You can also find the users’ statuses thanks to the users directory.
To access this directory, select “users” on the left side menu bar.
An administrator has also the possibility to access the users statuses by selecting “Administration” then “Manage users”.
He’ll be able to see the list of all active and inactive guest users by selecting the “Guests” tab.
Which rights does a guest have?
A guest can:
- publish a content in the groups he’s a member of (only if the group administrator has authorized members to publish in the group)
- access the drive of groups he’s a member of,
- access the directory of groups he’s a member of,
- access the directory of users who belongs to the same groups as him,
- access the orgchart of the organization,
- discuss with members of groups he’s a member of.
What are the limitations for guests?
- access other groups than the ones they've been invited to (even an open group, unless you've invited them into that group),
- invite other users,
- create groups,
- view the profiles of users who aren’t part of the same groups,
- be an administrator,
- be a group administrator.
It is possible to invite a guest to join the platform with or without an email address.
A guest can be:
- a customer,
- a partner,
- a coworker,
- a freelancer who works occasionally on behalf of the company.
A guest's access to the platform may be temporary. A guest user can be suspended at any time.
Multi-group guest, single-group guest, member, administrator, group administrator, platform, open group, private group.