When you are no longer online, talkspirit allows you to receive notifications in your browser or directly in your email inbox.
Notifications are activated:
- When a new content (post or comment) is posted in a group you have joined and whose content is displayed on your news feed
- When you receive a direct message
- When a new message is posted in one of your chat conversations
- When you are mentioned in a post or a chat message
- when you have been assigned to a contribution
To manage your notification preferences outside of the platform click on Notifications
Activating / deactivating email notifications
You can activate email notifications to be notified of the latest activity posted on your news feed, when you are mentioned in a post, or when you receive a direct message.
- Select the frequency with which you wish to receive a email notifications (daily is the frequency selected by default)
- Select whether to receive email notifications each time you are mentioned in a post, or when you receive a direct message. (you receive these by default)
- Click on Save
Activating / deactivating desktop notifications
Desktop notifications are activated by default, as are audible notifications.
- Select or deselect Desktop notifications and sounds to activate or deactivate them
- Click on Save
How the activities notification email works
The activities notification email can be enabled with an hourly, a daily or a weekly frequency. It's sent only if you did not log in during the last period.
ex: if it's configured with a daily frequency, emails are sent every 24h (at 7am, Paris time). If you did log in during the last 24h, you won't get the email.
To go further :
- Being notified of new activity on the platform
- Be notified via push notifications by downloading our mobile app